- Using the Manage tab, I used the Additional Settings pull-down menu and created a new callout type. I changed the callout head to "None" and increased the corner radius to 5/8".
- Next I created a new callout view type and assigned the new callout tag to the view, so now I have this option available when creating callout views.
- Next I create a line style that mimics the callout boundary - this will come into play later.
- inside the callout view, I create a masking region "donut", where the inner circle has the callout boundary line style applied and the outer circle is an invisible line style.
- Once I have the masking region cropping the view the way I like, I place the view on the sheet.
- I use dashed lines to connect the two callout boundaries.
Make it, don't fake it.