Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Schedule Indent Feature Wish

I would like to follow up on THIS post.

After generating notes for our documents this way for a while, I have developed a method to give the impression of an indent. It still is not perfect, but it is much better than the CTRL+ENTER alternative.  The following image is the end result.

This is what I did:
I added a new parameter to the key schedule, and called it "Order" or some such and made it a text parameter.  I then modified my schedule sorting to use the new parameter.

With the new parameter, I then ordered the notes to create my grouping.  To give the illusion of "indents", I left the key name filed blank.  You can see from the finished schedule above, that the text stays justified to the column formatting and does not recognize bulleted lists.








Although this will accomplish the task, how nice would it be to have an indent feature in schedules, or at least the ability to add a field that could function as an indent

Enjoy!
Make it, don't fake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment